General Service Technician
K & M Automotive has job openings available for a General Service Technician! We're looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at Baton Rouge, LA.
The General Service Technician is an entry-level position that is responsible for providing general services for vehicle maintenance and repair, such as oil changes and tire rotations. You will also be under the guidance of an experienced automotive technician that will assist you. General Service Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also K & M Automotive's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful general service technician will need to have some experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty, and fairness is important.
General Service Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work area clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipients of a high school diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver's license
- Familiar with multiple makes and models of vehicles
- Dependable, honest and organized
- Available to work weekends and some holidays
- Ability to receive instruction and to follow procedures
- Some or limited training in automotive repair, and committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Some experience in vehicle maintenance, including the use of tools
Click here to submit your application for this position.
I have a Ford F150 that needed some pretty major work on the control arms on my truck. I can't say enough about this place. I got recommendations from a lot of people before using them too. Great customer service and very pleased with their work as of right now no problems at all. I feel so at ease knowing I can now go to K & M and feel like I'm not getting ripped off. Thank You K & M
These guys have taken care of our vehicles for years. They are reliable, honest, and go above and beyond for their customers We will never go anywhere else.
I'm a single mother of four and was having trouble with my oil. I ended up in his parking lot today. Not knowing me at all, He graciously helped me out free of charge. Much thanks to you!